Commercial Loan Applications – What Can Go Wrong?
Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step by step instructions and actual examples that explain the requirements of several confusing regulations in terms that are easy to understand.
Do you know how the term “application” is defined in all of the lending regulations? Which regulations apply to commercial loans? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the difference between an application and an inquiry? Is a written application required for a business purpose loan?
- Learn what specific information will help you to handle business applications correctly.
- What factors determine if the application is for business purpose or consumer purpose?
- What are the common mistakes made in business loan application processing?
- What are the timing requirements regarding applications?
- Does an application have to be in writing? Does it have to be signed?
- What are the signature rules for applications? Learn about spousal and guarantor signature rules.
- Learn about the required disclosure for the “Right to Receive a Copy of Appraisal”. Who gets the notice and what are the timing rules? (NOTE: This NEW requirement became effective January 18, 2014). This DOES apply to 1st lien loans regardless of purpose; there is no “business-purpose” exception.
- How do you properly document the “joint intent” to apply?
- When is an adverse action notice required? What must it contain? Who receives one?
- What are some common compliance violations in the commercial loan area including the top HMDA and flood violations?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 36 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.