Commandments Effective Trainers Live By
Are you responsible for training others? Want to learn how to develop training that results in learning?
Tune in for this highly informative webinar with the country’s leading train-the-trainer speaker, Honey Shelton. You will pick up plenty of practical and useful tips and techniques that will enhance the quality of training you design and deliver.
Ten Commandments of Effective Training:
- Recruit a Champion – a high profile advocate for training can make or break support from others
- Establish a Training Council – key partners that work to know the training needs across the company and share in the responsibility for training success
- Assess the Need – clarify all the whys before you start designing or redesigning training
- Determine “Spot-On” Learning Objectives – this could be the greatest commandment of all
- Design Training that Sticks – participant engagement is how “stick” thrives
- Incorporate Adult Learning Principles – research proves that without threading these principles into your training you won’t get the outcome you want
- Create Reinforcement Tools – quick reference guides and other tools your learner can use after the training
- Obtain Supervisor Buy-In – your learners need coaching and encouragement when they return to the job site
- Add Some Fun – get creative using multi-media and exercises that reinforce the learning objectives
- Evaluate Results – track who comes, how they rated the training and what feedback the supervisor gives you.
Anyone that has training responsibility and anyone who manages those with training responsibility.
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality has left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
As a graduate of the School of Bank Marketing from the University of Colorado, she realizes the value of quality education. Honey invests time as a faculty member for banking schools around the country. She is a repeat presenter for most of the state banking associations.
Honey continues in her own personal pursuit of excellence and is a member of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD). Currently she is pursuing a self study program on Six Sigma. She has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A & M.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.