Collecting Past Due Accounts – The CFPB & The New Mortgage Requirements
This webinar will strengthen your collection skills, particularly with regards to what you can and cannot do when contacting and negotiating payment. You’ll also learn best practices, examples of collection letters and scripts that really work.
Now that the CFPB is looking strongly at YOU (FIRST PARTY COLLECTORS), we understand that managing your bank’s collection efforts is getting increasingly difficult. We will discuss the Washington Buzz on this topic, including the hurdles you can expect to jump. However, we will spend the majority of our time discussing strong collection skills, particularly with regards to what you can and cannot do when contacting and negotiating payment with your customers. Additionally, we will highlight red flags and offer tips on identifying loans before they become delinquent. This Webinar will provide you with best practices, examples of collection letters and scripts that really work when used at the right time in the collection process.
Overview of Credit & Collections
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) / Fair & Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: 1st Party & 3rd party collecting tips
- Bankruptcy Overview
Policy and Procedures
- 7 tips your policy must have to help collect your money
- Reviewing the credit application for Red Flags and ID Fraud
- Notices vs Letters: Design the perfect Collection Letter
- FACTA Reg. V Compliance
- Email dos and don’ts
- Motivate the customer to pay in full with one call
- Enhancing your negotiation skills and work outs
- Learn the real reason they are not paying you
- Find overlooked sources of money
- Using credit reports to uncover facts about consumers
- Select the right collection agency or attorney: Are they FDCPA and FACTA Compliant?
- Using the WEB as a great skip tracing tool
- Reporting the Banks past due customers through Metro2 and E-OSCAR & FCRA/FACTA Compliance
- Putting this knowledge into action
New and seasoned consumer lenders and collection staff, but is beneficial for senior officers, commercial lenders, compliance/risk officers, credit analysts, trainers, CSRs and anyone responsible for establishing and maintaining credit and collection policy and procedures.
Greg Souther is President of Greg Souther Consulting & Seminars, a firm that provides training and consulting to companies in: customer service, credit, collections, compliance, fraud prevention, marketing and sales. With over 27 years experience, Greg and his associates share practical “how to” advice that everyone can easily understand and use.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hrs. CRCM/CLBB/CPB/CCSR.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.