Call Report for Banks – Recent Changes, Highlights, and Pitfalls
Basel III risk based capital changes were effective with the first call report filing in 2015.
There is also additional service charge detail required for larger banks in 2015. Recent accounting updates affect the 2015 Call Report as well.
The Basel III & Other Recent Changes webinar is designed for experienced preparers and reviewers. The webinar will include a detailed line item review of the new RCR risk based capital schedule under Basel III, as well as other recent changes, and updates due to revisions in accounting standards.
Basel III Risk Based Capital:
- Line item review of the new RCR schedule
- Revised definition to regulatory capital and a new common equity tier 1 minimum capital requirement; requires higher levels of regulatory capital
- Limits a banking organization’s capital distributions and certain discretionary bonus payments if the banking organization does not hold a specified amount of common equity tier 1 capital in addition to the amount necessary to meet its minimum risk-based capital requirements
- Amends the methodologies for determining risk-weighted assets for all banking organizations
- Final rule applies to all banking organizations currently subject to minimum capital requirements, including national banks, state member banks, state nonmember banks, state and Federal savings associations
March, 2015 Revision:
- If offer at least one consumer deposit accounts and have assets more than $1 billion, will report a breakdown of service charges on deposits
- Overdraft related service charges on consumer accounts
- Monthly maintenance charges on consumer accounts
- ATM fees on consumer accounts
- All other service charges on deposit accounts
Recent Accounting Updates:
- ASU 2014-02, Goodwill
- ASU 2014-04, Residential Real Estate
- ASU 2014-14, Derecognition of Government Guaranteed Mortgage Loans
- Recent guidance on accounting for a subsequent restructuring of a Troubled Debt Restructuring
This update will benefit the more experienced Call Report preparers, reviewers, and auditors. It will supplement annual comprehensive Call Report training recommended by bank regulators.
Ann Thomas has over 30 years of experience in bank accounting and control. She received a BA in Accounting from the University of Houston in 1982. From 1982 through 1997 she worked with Judith Alexander Jenkins, providing planning, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, and operational and compliance auditing services to over ninety independent banks.
In 1998, she organized Thomas Consulting. As Thomas Consulting, she performs regulatory compliance audits and training, internal control audits, and prepares and reviews Call Reports for numerous banks. Ms. Thomas has taught call report seminars for state banking associations since 1999. She has presented the Call Report Seminar to and has responded to questions from thousands of bankers across the country. Her experience in working with a broad range of independent banks is of unique value in understanding Call Report questions and in communicating with bankers in their own language.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.