Business Accounting Essentials
Understanding how retail, manufacturing and other businesses account for financial transactions, compile basic financial statements and communicate their financial information.
This webinar is designed to provide basic knowledge of how a business records its financial transactions and compiles and communicates the information in its financial statements while using specific examples and hands-on exercises to reinforce the concepts learned.
Suggested with Bank Accounting Essentials on June 17
- Accounting Information System
- Defining accounting and role of accounting in decision making
- Accounting equation
- Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Introduction of financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Measurement issues
- Double-entry system
- Recording and posting transactions
- The trial balance
- Measuring Financial Income
- Accrual accounting
- Adjustment and close process
- The Basics of Financial Statements
- Reading and understanding the financial statements
- Basic techniques to analyzing the financial statements
Individuals seeking to learn the basics of financial accounting and reporting, including deposit operations personnel, loan officers, credit analysts, administrative assistants and all others involved in using, reviewing and/or interpreting financial information. It is also excellent preparation for bankers planning to attend a formal banking school.
Eileen Iles, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CFSA, CCSA, CRMA, is a Partner in Crowe Horwath LLC’s Risk Management Financial Institution Group. Eileen has over 25 years of experience serving financial institutions. She has spent the most recent 14 years with Crowe Horwath consulting with clients ranging from community banks to multi-billion dollar institutions throughout the United States.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.