BSA/AML Compliance: Recent Developments & Common Errors
Ongoing Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training is a legal requirement. This program emphasizes common BSA violations and important developments in the preceding 12 months.
No other federal regulation contains more stringent, enforceable training requirements. Even experienced personnel are expected to maintain their knowledge level with ongoing education. However, sometimes sitting through a full day BSA program leaves experienced personnel hoping for “knowledge nuggets” between the reviews of long-standing requirements. This program is designed to make continuing education more efficient and effective. The manual is the one that the presenter uses in a full day seminar. It includes a full review of BSA requirements. However, this session focuses on specific pulse points in BSA compliance.
- Reminders about compliance issues that are common errors or problems
- Reviews of key FinCEN announcements made in the last several months
- SAR Activity Review: “Trends, Tips, & Issues,” & “By the Numbers.” How to use them as resources in your communications and training.
- Status report on due diligence and beneficial ownership
- Hot spots & FinCEN CTR and SAR completion.
Experienced BSA officers and auditors. The program is not designed as a general review or to meet the needs of line personnel.
Ken Golliher is a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC. Prior to becoming a full time trainer, he was a community banker and then General Counsel for a regional consulting firm for financial institutions. He presents schools and seminars in over 25 states and has served on Compliance Schools sponsored by the OTS and the FDIC.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hrs. CRCM/CFSSP/CCSR/CPB/CBT.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.