BSA Series: NRAs, FACTA, OFAC and Other International Issues
International issues continue to light up the AML/BSA (Anti-Money Laundering / Bank Secrecy Act) scene this year.
Virtual currency, OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control), PEPs (Politically Exposed Persons) continue to be hot buttons on the radar as we fine tune our BSA programs for 2014. This program will look at many international issues that affect all financial institutions no matter how big and no matter how small.
- NRA (Non-Resident Alien) Exam issues
- New W-8 BEN and W-8BENE
- FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and its impact on new accounts and withholding rules
- OFAC and FSE (Foreign Sanctions Evaders)
- Running screens on IATs (International ACH Transactions)
- OFAC Compliance program, risk, screening, and international situations
- Special 311 Measures
- Monitoring and your fraud detection systems
- International companies, transactions and monitoring
- CIP (Customer Identification Program) and CDD (Customer Due Diligence) Issues
- Money Service Businesses and virtual currency
- PEPs and Embassy exam issues
- Funneling and other red flags on international accounts
- Foreign remittances
BSA Officers, BSA staff, security officers, compliance officers and those involved in international issues.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.