BSA Series: Completing CTR & SAR Reports Line by Line
Part One provides a through review of the Currency Transaction Report (CTR) process.
We’ll cover completing the form and proceed all the way to maintaining exemptions.
Learn more about whom you can exempt and whom you cannot exempt. Learn how to complete CTRs with armored cards, aggregation of currency and many special issues on the CTR itself. Includes ten Hot Spots for CTR completion, as well as tips for avoiding examination issues.
Part Two provides a comprehensive review of the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) process. How to complete narratives, common errors, and how to share with law enforcement.
These two sections are a line-by-line look at the forms and your requirements to file. Time lines, identification, RSSDs, and exemptions will all be covered.
What You Will Learn
Part I CTRs
- How to aggregate currency transactions
- Filing and record retention
- CTR back filing
- Phase I exemptions
- Phase II exemptions
- Nonlisted businesses
- Ineligible businesses
- What is a motor vehicle?
- Armored car rules
- Mergers, revoking exemptions, maintaining a current exempt list
- Line-by-line review of the CTR and how to complete it
Part II SARs
- From Red Flag to SAR – time lines and continuing SARS
- How to complete the narrative – 24 points to cover
- How to file joint SARs
- How to cover the crimes
- Who you can share with – law enforcement
- Reporting to the Board
Tellers, BSA Officers, Compliance Officers, Training and Branch Operations.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.