BSA Red Flags for Money Laundering: Frontline Annual Training
Every day your employees encounter situations considered “suspicious” and may even put your employees and customers into what we'll call a “felony moment”.
If your customer asks “Should I deposit this large amount of money or what?”, the answer your officer gives may encourage the customer to structure, and that’s a problem for both your customer and your employee.
We’ll answer over 25 commonly asked frontline questions, plus review red flags for money laundering deposits and loans.
What You Will Learn
- What is structuring? Is it a crime?
- How can I talk to my customer about currency without getting into a “felony moment”?
- The money smells like marijuana. Is this something I should be concerned about?
- The customer tells me she is hiding money from the IRS; should I tell BSA?
- What are Red Flags for Elder Abuse?
- What are some scams for loans and mortgages?
- What are Red Flags for Identity Theft?
- When do we tell the BSA officer, and what should we use to communicate?
- Sample Incident reports for operations, loans and branches
- The customer washed and ironed the money. Is this suspicious?
- The customer had me count out $15,000 cash and then went to a safe deposit box; should I let BSA know?
- We didn’t book the mortgage loan, so why should I tell BSA that the identification and TIN don’t match?
Anyone who works directly with customers, including Tellers, New Accounts Personnel, Branch Managers, Loan Officers, and Call Center Personnel. This program will also help BSA Officers complete BSA training for AML programs.
Christy Crawford is the Vice President of Gettechnical, Inc. located in Baton Rouge, LA for the last 10 years. Formerly a trainer for Wal-Mart Corporation, Christy brings her previous 10 years of sales and training expertise to your financial institution. She has a Bachelors Degree in Speech Communication from Louisiana State University. She is BSA/AML certified and her expertise is in the deposit side of the financial institution. She specializes in teller, new accounts, IRA, robbery and security, and BSA training. She brings humor, youth, and vitality to the programs she teaches.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.