BSA Red Flags for Money Laundering: Frontline Annual Training
This program will answer over 25 commonly asked frontline question,s and it will go over the red flags for money launder for deposits and loans.
Every day in your branches are situations which are considered “suspicious” and may even put your employees and customers into what we will call a “felony moment”. If you customer asks “Should I deposit this money or what?” The answer your officer gives may encourage the customer to structure, and that is a problem for both the customer and the employee. You won’t want to miss this fun frontline approach to red flags and your anti-money laundering program.
- How can I talk to my customer about currency without getting into a “felony moment”?
- The money smells like marijuana. Is this something I should be concerned about?
- The customer told me that she is hiding money from the IRS, should I tell BSA?
- What are the Red Flags for Elder Abuse?
- What are some of the scams for loans and mortgages?
- What are the Red Flags for Identity Theft?
- When do we tell the BSA officer, and what should we use to communicate?
- Sample Incident reports for operations, loans and branches
- The customer washed and ironed the money. Is this suspicious?
- The customer had me count $15,000 cash and then went to safe deposit box, should I let BSA know?
- We did not book the mortgage loan so why should I tell BSA that the identification and TIN did not match?
This is a program for those who work directly with customers. Tellers, New Accounts, Branch Managers, Loan officers, and Call Centers. It is designed to help the BSA Officer complete BSA training for AML programs.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.