BSA Red Flags for Money Laundering
This program will answer over 25 commonly asked frontline question,s and it will go over the red flags for money launder for deposits and loans. You won't want to miss this fun frontline approach to red flags and your anti-money laundering program.
Every day in your branches are situations which are considered “suspicious” and may even put your employees and customers into what we will call a “felony moment”. If you customer asks “Should I deposit this money or what?” The answer your officer gives may encourage the customer to structure, and that is a problem for both the customer and the employee.
- What is structuring? Is it a crime?
- How can I talk to my customer about currency without getting into a “felony moment”?
- The money smells like marijuana. Is this something I should be concerned about?
- The customer told me that she is hiding money from the IRS, should I tell BSA?
- What are the Red Flags for Elder Abuse?
- What are some of the scams for loans and mortgages?
- What are the Red Flags for Identity Theft?
- When do we tell the BSA officer and what should we use to communicate?
- Sample Incident reports for operations, loans and branches
- The customer washed and ironed the money. Is this suspicious?
- The customer had me count out $15,000 cash and then went to safe deposit box, should I let BSA know?
- We did not book the mortgage loan so why should I tell BSA that the identification and TIN did not match?
This is a program for those who work directly with customers. Tellers, New Accounts, Branch Managers, Loan officers, and Call Centers. It is designed to help the BSA Officer complete BSA training for AML programs.
Christy Crawford is the Vice President of Gettechnical, Inc. located in Baton Rouge, LA for the last 10 years. Formerly a trainer for Wal-Mart Corporation, Christy brings her previous 10 years of sales and training expertise to your financial institution. She has a Bachelors Degree in Speech Communication from Louisiana State University. She is BSA/AML certified and her expertise is in the deposit side of the financial institution. She specializes in teller, new accounts, IRA, robbery and security, and BSA training. She brings humor, youth, and vitality to the programs she teaches.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Premier Package – Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts: $395
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.