Bitcoin for Bankers
Bitcoin lurked around the edges of the Internet during its first few years of existence, but is now becoming a pop culture phenomenon.
In this presentation David Ringstrom, CPA brings you up to speed on what Bitcoin is, how it compares to other virtual currencies, and what the threats and opportunities are for bankers. You’ll gain an understanding of some Bitcoin-related jargon, such as mining, wallets, hot and cold storage, and so on. You’ll be able to get a sense of who’s currently making money via Bitcoin, as well as the potential risks and rewards of this brave new currency.
- Gain an understanding of Bitcoin and virtual currencies in general
- Compare Bitcoin the protocol with Bitcoin the currency
- Learn how to aquire Bitcoin: person to person, via exchanges, or ATMs
- Unlock the mysteries of Bitcoin mining and the cryptography behind the scenes
- Private, but public? Bitcoin’s curious accounting ledger that is openly tracks all transactions
- Get an overview of Bitcoin from the beginning, including the fact that no one knows for sure who launched Bitcoin
- Determine where you can spend Bitcoin instead of cash
- Lurk in the shadows of Bitcoin to see how certain users attempt to evade law enforcement or government oversight
- Get an overview of governmental perspectives on Bitcoin
- See who’s making money with Bitcoin, and how
- Look ahead at the potential threats and opportunities that Bitcoin portends for bankers
Anyone seeking to understand what Bitcoin is, how it works, and to get a sense of where it’s headed.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.