The Beginning Security Officer
The Bank Protection Act and the implementing regulations specify the requirements for the Security Officer.
We have designed this program specifically for the individual who has little or no previous training in financial institution security. If you have been the security officer for less than three years or are newly assigned to the duties in the security area this is the webinar for you.
We will review the best practices for the financial institutions security officer as well as those things the security officer should never implement. Items of particular interest:
- Who on our staff should be trained about security issues?
- What is a security case and how should it be documented?
- When should you obtain help from law enforcement, regulators or other Security Officers?
- Where does one obtain training for special security problems like internal fraud?
- How to report to the board with a limited amount of time?
This program provides the ground floor as to what areas of your financial institution you will need special relationships with to be successful. Learn how to gain support from management and staff by developing a risk management committee that will help champion the protection of your bottom line. This webinar give you a whole new perspective with vital insights on how to achieve success as a security officer for a financial institution!
- Get the blueprint of how to develop your security department
- Understand what is required of the Security Officer by the Bank Protection Act and the implementing regulations
- Know why a “Security Group,” is necessary for your success
- Learn what records you should be keeping as your Bank’s Security Officer
- Know what you have to teach your staff to be in compliance
Barry Thompson, the “Fraud Educator”, is the author of 101 Security Tips for The Beginning Security Officer. Barry became a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager in 1997, after which he served as a security specialist for the former America’s Community Bankers* and as the managing partner for Thompson Consulting Group, LLC. Barry is an instructor for at many industry conferences and schools, and a contributing writer to Bankers’ Hotline. Newsweek, Computer World, and other national publications have interviewed him for his expertise.
Barry is an in-demand, internationally-recognized speaker having made fraud, theft, and security presentations to groups across the country, in Europe, and at the United Nations. Barry has more than three decades of experience in the financial services industry, including having senior management positions at an upstate New York regional bank, and he has handled more than 900 security cases.
Today, his firm focuses primarily on training at national and state conferences and in- house to banks and credit unions, from physical security to computer security. This includes in-depth instruction on identity theft, internal fraud, scams and schemes, conducting investigations, social media and bank robbery. To date, he has trained more than 26,000 financial professionals – and counting.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.