Basics of Real Estate Loan Documentation Webinar Mandatory 2 Part Series 03/02 & 03/03
This webinar provides a comprehensive overview of essential real estate loan documentation requirements, regulatory compliance issues, sound loan administration issues and best practices.
All necessary preclosing and closing real estate loan documents and requirements will be discussed with a focus on their purpose, use, timing and legal aspects.
Key points of concern from both a legal and credit viewpoint will be discussed.
- Notes and deeds of trust/mortgages: placing effective liens on real estate
- Legal descriptions of real estate
- Appraisals and evaluations
- Purchase agreement/earnest money contracts
- Surveys, title commitments and title insurance policies
- Environmental assessments
- Flood insurance
- Leases and leasehold interests
- Closing documentation
- Essential loan administration issues, loan agreements and construction lending monitoring requirements
Loan officers; loan assistants, loan operations personnel, loan review personnel, compliance and audit personnel or any banker wishing to enhance his/her knowledge and understanding of the “hows” and “whys” of real estate secured lending.
Robin Russell co-chairs the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Practice at Andrews Kurth LLP. She represents banks, institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions, debt restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings. Robin is the principal author of the Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide and Texas Real Estate Lending Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy and financial restructuring related topics.
Introducing Lenders LearnTM
Lenders LearnTM provides lenders and compliance officers with a deep understanding of secured lending. For each of the 15 core courses (30 hours total), attendees receive a copy of the slides and at least one chapter from Robin’s new 2016 Multistate Secured Lending Guide. Upon completion of the core curriculum, you will have a 17 chapter reference. Whether your bank registers for one or all 15 webinars, you will find the information practical and valuable. See below for 2016 broadcast dates.
1: Basic Business Entities (1/21)
2: The UCC for Lenders (2/3)
3: Loan Doc 101: Basic Secured Loan Documentation (2/10)
4: Loan Doc 101: Lien Perfection: Business Collateral (2/17)
5 & 6: Loan Doc 101: Reviewing Collateral Files (2/18)
7 & 8: Basic RE Loan Documentation (3/2 & 3/3)
9: Oil & Gas Lending (4/6)
10: Agricultural Lending (4/18)
11: Commercial Loan Documentation (5/3 & 5/4)
12: Letters of Credit (5/17)
13: Lending to Municipalities (8/24)
14, 15, 16: Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers (11/2)
17: Loan Participations (11/15)
- Top Loan Documentation Mistakes (3/30),
- Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation (6/1)
- Understanding Commercial Loan Documents (9/20)
- Understanding Real Estate Loan Documents (9/22)
- Commercial Real Estate Loan Documentation (12/7)
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $525.00 | Non member price $1050.00
Member price: $565.00 | Non member price $1130.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.