Basics of Real Estate Loan Documentation
Mandatory 2 Part Series 03/24/15 & 03/26/15
This webinar provides a comprehensive overview of essential real estate loan documentation requirements, regulatory compliance issues, sound loan administration issues and best practices.
All necessary real estate loan documents and requirements will be discussed with a focus on their purpose, use, timing and legal aspects. Key points of concern from both a legal and credit viewpoint will be discussed.
- Notes and deeds of trust/mortgage: placing effective liens on real estate;
- Legal descriptions of real estate;
- Appraisals and appraisal regulations;
- Purchase agreement/earnest money contracts;
- Title commitments and title insurance policies;
- Federal Regulations: RESPA, Flood Disaster Protection Act, environmental risk, HMDA, etc.;
- Closing documentation; and
- Essential loan administration issues, loan agreements and construction lending monitoring requirements.
Loan officers; Loan assistants/secretaries; Loan operations personnel; Loan review personnel; Compliance and audit personnel; or
Any banker wishing to enhance his/her knowledge and understanding of the “hows” and “whys” of real estate secured lending.
Bankers new to real estate lending and bankers with years of experience will find the program beneficial, either as a source of new knowledge and understanding, or as a refresher and update.
Robin Russell is a partner with the law firm of Andrews Kurth L.L.P., practicing in the areas of banking, bankruptcy and corporate finance, representing banks, insurance companies, corporate and individual borrowers in secured commercial and consumer lending transactions. Robin is the author of TBA’s bestselling “Texas Secured Lending Guide” and the “Texas Real Estate Lending Guide.”
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated total credits: 4 hours CRCM/CLBB for both sessions
Member price: $500.00 | Non member price $1,000.00
Member price: $530.00 | Non member price $1,060.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.