Basics of Real Estate Loan Documentation
A Two Part (four hour) Webinar
This webinar provides a comprehensive overview of essential real estate loan documentation requirements, regulatory compliance issues, sound loan administration issues and best practices.
All necessary real estate loan documents and requirements will be discussed with a focus on their purpose, use, timing and legal aspects. Key points of concern from both a legal and credit viewpoint will be discussed.
- Notes and deeds of trust/mortgage: placing effective liens on real estate;
- Legal descriptions of real estate;
- Appraisals and appraisal regulations;
- Purchase agreement/earnest money contracts;
- Title commitments and title insurance policies;
- Federal Regulations: RESPA, Flood Disaster Protection Act, environmental risk, HMDA, etc.;
- Closing documentation and
- Essential loan administration issues, loan agreements and construction lending monitoring requirements.
- Loan officers;
- Loan assistants/secretaries;
- Loan operations personnel;
- Loan review personnel;
- Compliance and audit personnel or
- Any banker wishing to enhance his/her knowledge and understanding of the “hows” and “whys” of real estate secured lending.
Bankers new to real estate lending and bankers with years of experience will find the program beneficial, either as a source of new knowledge and understanding or a refresher and update.
Bob Ullom, a nationally known banking educator, has taught loan documentation for 30 years. His presentations are low in theory and high in practical, “how to” information in a teaching style that is dramatic, humorous and well balanced as to education and keeping participant attention. Seminar participants will gain a substantial amount of ready to use information, techniques and procedures.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 4 hours CRCM/CLBB.
Member price: $500.00 | Non member price $1,000.00
Member price: $530.00 | Non member price $1,060.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.