Basic Personal and Business Tax Return Analysis
Attend this proactive seminar to gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this seminar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis, and the second part will focus on analysis of various business tax returns.
What You Will Learn
In the FIRST part, we’ll:
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms),
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules
- Discuss updates in the current tax code and how they affect the bank’s clients, and
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
In the SECOND part, we’ll:
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities,
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns, and
- Discuss updates in the current tax code as they apply to businesses.
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, consumer lenders, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 17 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out”, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including Regis University and the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM & Hardcopy Handouts(Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.