Bank Secrecy Act Staff Training
BSAFINCENMSBAMLOFACCDDSARCIPCTR? Is this the way it looks to your employees? This webinar teaches what is required, when and why and provides a complete solution for your annual BSA training.
This webinar gets back to basics! It reviews the timeline of events that gives the BSA/AML laws and regulations the teeth it has today!
It provides a brief overview of the Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting Act passed by Congress in 1970, the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986 and the creation of FinCEN in 1990.The USA PATRIOT Act and the post-9/11 emphasis on risk-based programs are the primary focus. Your employees learn what is required, when and why. Participants are also coached to recognize money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes and report suspicious activity to bank management.
This presentation is prerecorded. It is designed as a high-impact, in-bank training tool. When using this recording, participants are encouraged to “Pause and Preach.” That means your staff gets expert knowledge of the BSA/AML laws and regulations from the recording, and participants are prompted to pause the recording to learn more about bank specific policies, procedures and processes when applicable.
This program facilitates the complete solution for your annual BSA training requirement!
- History, timeline, risk-based philosophy
- BSA Program requirements (5 pillars)
- Anti-Money Laundering program
- OFAC compliance program – risk and responsibilities
- Relevance to various job functions
- Customer on-boarding – CIP, CDD, EDD
- When a Currency Transaction Report is required
- Red flags to indicate money laundering and other suspicious activity
- Monitoring of account activity
- Suspicious activity reporting requirements
- Federal BSA/AML exam process
- Potential penalties
- This is the most cost effective, time efficient way to meet the BSA’s annual training requirement. Use it to train existing staff and new employees.
- BSA is a safety and soundness topic and, as such, carries more liability for your institution and staff than any other regulatory issue.
- This program is presented using real-world examples in a very down-to-earth fashion.
- A comprehensive manual is provided as a desk-top reference.
Anyone with BSA responsibilities, including tellers, CSRs, lending officers and all customer contact personnel. The program is suitable for new and experienced personnel.
Laura Wilson, Pegasus Educational Services, LLC. Audiences routinely comment on Laura’s unique recollection of material and sense of humor. At one time she served as compliance trainer for a $3 billion savings bank. Later, she was a senior consultant/trainer for a consulting firm for financial institutions. She has also taught at schools sponsored by the OTS and the FDIC.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.