Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Training for the Board of Directors
What are the four “best practices” for Boards of Directors to show compliance with an effective BSA/AML (anti-money laundering) program? What topics should be covered in BSA training sessions for the Board of Directors? What did a community bank learn in a recent enforcement action about effective Board oversight of BSA?
- What does the FFIEC BSA exam manual say about informing the “board of directors” regarding BSA issues? How many times is it mentioned in the exam procedures? What does your regulator expect to find when they review board minutes?
- What should the Board know about the annual BSA audit?
- What should your Board know about BSA “hot buttons” for third party oversight with remote deposit capture and other issues?
- Are there any “free” resources for BSA board training?
- What are four “best practices” for BSA?
- Require Periodic and thorough BSA reports
- Devote adequate resources
- Conduct appropriate BSA/AML Risk Assessments
- Set the proper tone
- BONUS – participants will receive a manual and power point file for BSA Board Training; including a template for a BSA “Sample Board Report.” The documents can be easily modified with your financial institution’s specific information.
This informative session is designed for senior management, Board members, Board Secretary, compliance officers, BSA officers, loan officers, and auditors.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 36 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.