Are You Ready For a Safe Deposit Disaster?
Whether you have 50 boxes or 5,000, this presentation provides a realistic and well-organized method of reviewing and auditing your procedures before a catastrophe occurs.
The events that followed 9-11, Hurricanes Ike, Katrina, Rita and Andrew, damaging tornadoes, devastating fires and floods and many other nationwide disasters, have significantly impacted our safe deposit industry. Following these disasters, along with many defective plumbing problems, numerous financial institutions have been confronted with some very difficult challenges, decisions and significant lawsuits.
Did you inherit the safe deposit area and then start wondering what liability might exist? Historically, this responsibility has been routinely passed from employee to employee with very little attention given to existing procedures or documentation. Unfortunately, only after a disaster or lawsuit occurs does management turn it’s attention to this area.
Your speaker knows first hand what to look for; from the most common errors to the not so common, but potentially costly mistakes. This presentation will help you review your own internal procedures.
- What happened to all the safe deposit boxes after fire totaled four branches recently?
- What 15 steps must be taken when a flood fills your vault with contaminated water?
- Why did 1,300 box renters file a multi-million dollar safe deposit lawsuit after a fire?
- Why are many flooded safe deposit box disasters caused by defective plumbing?
- How can proper vault door closing procedures help you avoid overnight guests?
- How can FDIC or NCUA signs, logos or brochures create safe deposit liability?
- What details about safe deposit loses have TV reporters covered recently?
- Why should renters be provided with “No Insurance” disclosure forms?
- What ten questions will always be asked in any safe deposit lawsuit?
- How should employees be trained to answer consumer’s questions?
- Why must phrases like “waterproof or fireproof” vault be avoided?
- Would your part-time attendant make a good courtroom witness?
This informative program will benefit safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, compliance officers, auditors, security officers and your in-house legal counsel.
David P. McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with 45 years of safe deposit experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU. In all 50 states he has trained over 250,000 safe deposit personnel since 1969, and has served the industry as President of AIB and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association’s TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Banking-New York, Washington Post, Money Magazine, New York Magazine, Associated Press, AARP, National Public Radio, FDIC, CUNA, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC Nightly News and Court TV on current safe deposit issues. McGuinn has created numerous training programs and his Safe Deposit Policy and Procedures Handbook, Regulatory/Compliance manual, products, brochures and training seminars are now the accepted standard for the financial industry.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.