Appraisals: A Two-Part Webinar Series: Part 1 – Appraisal & Evaluation Guidelines
Two hour tele-web seminar September 19, 2012
Effective December 2, 2010, banking regulators finalized new Guidelines intended to enhance the requirements for collateral valuation methods for transactions that permit use of an evaluation and to clarify expectations for real estate appraisals.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
Effective December 2, 2010, banking regulators finalized new Guidelines intended to enhance the requirements for collateral valuation methods for transactions that permit use of an evaluation and to clarify expectations for real estate appraisals. This regulation is primarily about safety and soundness which makes a banker’s approach to compliance different from almost any other regulation. This program will update bankers on requirements and best practices. Handout material will include information needed to understand and effectively deal with requirements unique for your bank, including checklists, forms and regulator pronouncements. The guidelines will be discussed primarily with regard to the needs of community banks.
New demands and requirements will be presented that must take into account and recognize a bank’s appreciation and conformance with:
- Sound collateral valuation (appraisal) practices that are an integral part of the loan underwriting process;
- New, updated regulator guidance including developments with regard to appraisal and evaluation requirements;
- Requirements for collateral evaluations (loans < $250,000) and methods (such as a broker’s opinion) that do not provide a property’s market value;
- Requirements regarding review of appraisal and evaluations prior to funding;
- Use of Automated Valuation Models;
- Necessity, scope and content of adequate valuation documentation to support the decision to lend; and
- Appraisal and Evaluation standards, development and reports.
Bankers involved in real estate lending and administration and those responsible for appraisal review and compliance.
Bob Ullom, a nationally recognized banking educator, began his career as a CPA. Bob has been president of two start-up banks and led both fast growing institutions to profitable, sound status. Since 1989, Bob has provided relevant, “real world” training in over 35 states for bankers associations and banks. He currently presents a wide variety of seminars dealing with all areas of lending and credit management, bank management, bank directors and compliance.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00