Appraisals: Part 2 – Appraisal Review: What, Why & How
Reviewing appraisal reports is an essential quality control function which must be separate from the bank’s lending process. The goal is to ensure that credible, sound appraisals are communicated in logical, concise reports.
A good appraisal goes beyond delivering the “right” property value – it also convinces readers that the conclusion is reasonable and reliable. The essence of appraisal review is to investigate, analyze, and verify the logic and procedures used in preparing an appraisal and make certain reports are competent, thorough and result in sound value opinions (part of risk management).
- The nature and process of real estate appraisal and appraisal review;
- WHY appraisal review is not only required, but needed to confirm credibility of the value conclusion and the appraisal report;
- FIRREA, USPAP and banking regulations as related to appraisal quality;
- Frequent problems found by appraisal review;
- “Scope of work” as related to appraisal review;
- Understanding the uniqueness of each property and, therefore, each appraisal review;
- The three valuation methodologies (cost, comp sales, income) and common appraisal review issues with each;
- Documenting results of the appraisal and the appraisal review;
- Components of a quality appraisal; and
- Sample forms and checklists for immediate use.
Bankers involved in real estate lending and administration and those responsible for appraisal review and compliance.
Bob Ullom, nationally recognized banking educator, has been teaching appraisal regulation since 1991 on a nationwide basis. As president of two successful start-up banks, he brings real-world relevance and up-to-date perspective on new challenges presented by the new guidelines. Questions and answers will be the order of the day in this fast-paced program
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CRCM/CLBB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.