All Things Credit – Understanding, Using & Improving Credit Scores, Credit Notices & CFPB/FCRA/FACTA Compliance
This session is a cost-effective way to improve your staff’s understanding of credit scores and critical compliance issues in order to build a better loan portfolio.
How will the CFPB’s rulings impact credit scoring? What are our compliance obligations when using credit scoring models such as FICO, Beacon, Emperica? What credit factors determine that elusive credit score? How can a consumer or a financial institution legally improve the consumer’s credit score? Why does the score change so often? When are we required to give out the credit score to our customer? Can we get scores on commercial credit applications? Should we use bankruptcy or fraud scoring models? How do we avoid disparate treatment? How can we use credit scores to streamline the lending and checking account process? When are we required include the credit score(s) on our adverse action notices? These are just a few of the many questions we will answer in this informative session.
- Deposit Accounts – using models when opening deposit accounts to reduce loss and prevent fraud.
- Credit Scores – Learn what affects your customer’s score in both positive and negative ways – All scoring models are not the same and some may surprise you!
- Scoring Systems known as FICO, Emperica and Beacon – Learn their strengths and weaknesses.
- Scoring Products – Which scoring product is right for different types of lending.
- Risk-Based Pricing Notices – Review of the Regs making sure your bank is in compliance.
- Adverse Action Notices – Modifying your current notices and CFPB compliance.
- Build Your Portfolio Faster – Customers want it NOW! You want the best customers. Learn how to tie the BEST customers to your bank.
- Bankruptcy – Evaluate the bankruptcy scoring models and determine the right one for your company.
- Accounts Receivable Scoring – Scoring your past dues will help you prioritize your efforts and reduce your accounts receivables when handled correctly.
- Promotional Name List – The pros and cons of using purchased name lists & a firm offer of credit!
- Bonus – Tips to improve your customer’s credit score!
Anyone in your bank that needs a better understanding of credit scores including: senior management, branch managers, credit analysts, lenders, compliance & risk officers, collections staff, HR trainers, front line handling applications and anyone responsible for establishing & maintaining policy & procedures.
Greg Souther, President & CEO, Greg Souther Consulting
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Institute of Certified Bankers: Estimated credits: 2 hours CRCM/CLBB (self-reporting).
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.