All Things Credit: Understanding Consumer Credit Reports, Credit Scores, Preventing Fraud & FCRA/CFPB Compliance – Part 2
A two-part webinar designed to prevent fraud and help ensure regulatory compliance in lending.
Part 2 reviews reports from the BIG 3 National Credit Report Agencies (NCRA), the different file formats and add-on products available. Reading credit reports used to be simple. Today the average credit report is 5 to 10 pages, and it takes a college degree to diagnose the information. We will also review a generic report commonly used in mortgage lending and Commercial Reports from D&B, Experian, and Equifax; and, of course all things FCRA and FACTA. This session is good for new lenders.
- Reviewing different “Credit Files” from Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union
- Reviewing Dual-Merge and Tri-Merge credit reports
- Permissible Purpose, & pulling credit reports
- The Big 3 pros and cons – Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union
- File-Comparisons to help determine the best report for your area!
- Using the right credit report will help you make better loans
- Which credit files make debt to income comparisons easier?
- Using enhanced credit reports for collection and skip tracing purposes
- Using credit reports to open deposit accounts instead of ChexSystems
- Using consumer credit reports for employment purposes
- Overview of reporting your consumer data:
- Why you should report your data? When you shouldn’t?
Lenders, branch managers, CSRs, HR, compliance officers, risk officers, collectors and trainers.
Greg Souther, Greg Souther Consulting.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CRCM/CLBB/CPB/CCSR.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.