All Things Credit: Understanding Consumer Credit Reports, Credit Scores, Preventing Fraud & FCRA/CFPB Compliance – Part 1
A two-part webinar designed to prevent fraud and help ensure regulatory compliance in lending.
Part 1 covers credit related products that will help you prevent consumer application fraud, lend to the best applicants, prevent/reduce bankruptcy, streamline the process, and of course, compliance including key points of FCRA and FACTA compliance.
- Catching fraud before it happens:
- Identity theft prevention must be part of your Red Flag Guidelines
- How crooks use the system to create fake credit files
- Shady consumers use legal TINs to create new credit identities
- Fraud alert products that work to reduce risk & keep you in compliance
- Reporting fraud to the authorities
- Using credit scores to streamline the lending process:
- Credit scoring when opening, monitoring, and closing accounts
- Credit scores – what information affects the score
- Credit scoring to prioritize accounts receivable
- Improving your consumer’s credit score
- New bankruptcy scoring models-will they work?
- The New Advantage Score. Are you ready?
- Building a better portfolio and Red Flags to watch for in loan review.
- AR Scoring – prioritize your efforts, and collect your accounts sooner
- Compliance, Compliance, Compliance:
- New Adverse Action Notices
- Disparate treatment associated with credit scoring,
- RED FLAG Guidelines
- Fraud & Military Alert Notifications requirements
- Permissible Purpose
- Consumer disputes- you cannot ignore or just refer to NCRA
- Disposal of confidential records
- Accuracy & Integrity of Data- preventing re-pollution
- Providing free credit reports to consumers
Lenders, branch managers, CSRs, HR, compliance officers, risk officers, collectors and trainers.
Greg Souther, Greg Souther Consulting.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CRCM/CLBB/CPB/CCSR.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.