Advanced Tax Return Analysis for the Banker
Learn about several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help you work more effectively with your bank's business customers.
We will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return, as well as the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation – including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
Then we will cover more “advanced” tax topics – listed below – related to business clients. Each topic will be presented from the perspective of more effectively working with your bank’s business customers.
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans and Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Recent Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 17 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out”, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including Regis University and the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM & Hardcopy Handouts(Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.