Advanced Loan Documentation
An intensive, practical, “real world” review of critical loan documentation issues, best practices, proper lien creation and monitoring under the requirements of Revised Article 9.
This webinar has been created for bankers who have a basic understanding of loan documentation obtained by training or experience and wish to further develop, refine, confirm or polish those skills. It deals with all types of collateral except real estate.
Participants will receive a practical, “real world,” intensive review of critical loan documentation issues, best practices, proper lien creation and monitoring under the requirements of Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Questions and special situations brought forth by attendees will help deepen participants’ understanding.
1. Properly classifying and describing collateral in the security agreement and financing statement;
2. Purchase money security interests and lien priority;
3. Conducting and understanding the results of lien searches;
4. Required documentation for ensuring proper creation of “perfected,” first lien security interests for all kinds of collateral except real estate;
5. Security agreements, notes and UCC-1 financing statement forms;
6. Amending loan documents, including UCC-1 financing statements;
7. Signature requirements and supporting documentation requirements for all types of borrowers, including individuals, corporations, partnerships, LLCs and assumed names;
8. Guarantors, cosignors and third-party pledges of collateral; and
9. Borrowing base calculations and certificates.
Loan officers, credit analysts, note and credit department personnel, internal auditors, loan review and compliance personnel or any banker involved in the lending function.
Robin Russell is a partner with the law firm of Andrews Kurth L.L.P., practicing in the areas of banking, bankruptcy and corporate finance, representing banks, insurance companies, corporate and individual borrowers in secured commercial and consumer lending transactions. Robin is the author of TBA’s bestselling “Texas Secured Lending Guide” and the “Texas Real Estate Lending Guide.”
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
On Demand Webinar:
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.