Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
Attend this proactive seminar and learn a “comprehensive approach” to financial statement analysis.
The session will begin with analyzing the four financial statements- Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows. This will include Revenue and Expense Recognition, FIFO, LIFO, and Average Inventory Costing Models, Operating Expenses (Repairs) versus Improvements, Depreciation including Straight-Line, Units-of-Production, and Double-Declining Balance, Amortization, and Depletion.
The seminar will also explore Accounts Receivable assessment, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Intangible Assets, Accounts Payable assessment, Capital and Operating Leases, and analysis of the Equity Section of the Balance Sheet including Partners’ Capital Accounts, Common and Preferred Stock, Treasury Stock, Stock Splits, and Retained Earnings.
Additionally, the types or levels of financial statements will be highlighted including Company-Prepared, Compiled, Reviewed, and Audit. The Audited Financial Statements will include “Unqualified, Qualified, Adverse, and Disclaimer.”
The participant will then be introduced to a “five-part” Financial Statement Analysis Model which will include the Liquidity, Activity, Leverage, Operating Performance, and Cash Flow.
Additionally, the related topics of the Z-Score (bankruptcy predictor) and the Sustainable Growth models will be reviewed.
Two case studies will be used to illustrate the “five-part” analysis model and the “correct” interpretation of the financial statements.
- Analyze the four financial statements including Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Explore Income Statement issues including Revenue Recognition, Inventory Costing, and Depreciation
- Cover Balance Sheet accounts including Accounts Receivable, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Accounts Payable, and the Equity Section
- Review the levels of financial statement reporting including Company-Prepared, Compiled, Reviewed, and Audit
- Analyze a “five-part” analysis model including Liquidity, Activity, Leverage, Operating Performance, and Cash Flow
- Discuss the Z-score (bankruptcy predictor) and Sustainable Growths models
- Summarize the seminar concepts through Case Studies
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers, credit administrators
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 17 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out”, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including Regis University and the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.