Advanced Business Account Issues: Multi-tiered Businesses, Agents, Escrows and More
You are sitting quietly at your desk catching up on paperwork and in walks a customer to open an LLC.
When you begin looking at the foot high stack of paperwork, you realize that this LLC has multiple members but that the members of the LLC are actually irrevocable trust accounts. A thought goes through your mind that “we are not in Kansas anymore” and you begin to dig in to the documents.
You are not alone. Whether you institution is small or whether your institution is large we are looking at some very complex documents of companies that go across state lines. In this program, we will develop a system of thought and procedure to assist you in tackling these complicated but interesting companies and keep you in compliance with your back of the house operations.
- How to build a document pyramid to help get from the bottom to the top of the paperwork
- How to trail through the authority in the documents to find who is in charge and who can sign
- What to do if the business operates in more than one state
- What does it mean for an LLC to disregard its business for tax purposes
- Limited Liability companies that are single member, multiple member and husband and wife in community property states
- What to do when a business is sold, changes its name, changes its type
- How and when to set up a d/b/a as opposed to a disregarded entity
- Agents, escrows, 1031 Exchange Accounts
New Accounts Representatives, personnel that handle commercial accounts, training, compliance, branch operations, branch managers and anyone that opens deposit accounts for businesses.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.