ACH Exception Processing
There is an exception to many rules, including ACH.
What is an exception and how do you handle it when it occurs? Many exceptions are rare and you may find yourself second guessing what you should do. Gain a better understanding of exception processing from returns to notifications of changes to DNE and more, plus new rules and reporting requirements.
ACH is generally an automated process. However, there is always the possibility of an exception. So what is an exception and how do you protect your bank and remain compliant with the ACH Rules.
Join us to review all of the exceptions, from returns to notifications of changes to DNE and more. We’ll discuss the timeline for handling the different exceptions and some new ACH rules regarding returns that you’ll want to make sure you’re up to speed on. We will also discuss the updated reinitiated entries rules and the upcoming return rate reporting changes.
- Ways to identify exceptions as an RDFI and ODFI and determine the best course of action
- Understanding the timeframes for exception processing
- Understanding of the new ACH Rules that impact exceptions
- Best practices for limiting your liability
- An understanding of the importance of using the correct return and NOC code
This course is designed for ACH personnel, ACH audit staff, operations personnel and compliance and risk personnel.
Mary Kate Cole, AAP, CAE, principal of MK Cole Consulting, has nearly two decades of bank operations experience. Kate is an experienced ACH Auditor as well as speaker on payments related topics. She was VP of the Upper Midwest ACH Association for over 15 years. At that time, she was responsible for member education, ACH Audits and problem solving as well as ACH Development projects. Kate has been active in several National ACH Association Rules Work Groups over her career. She is a popular speaker at both local and national conferences on electronic payments related topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.