Accounting Essentials for Banks
This webinar is designed to provide basic knowledge of how a Bank records its financial transactions and compiles and communicates the information in its financial statements.
It will begin with identifying the uses and decision-makers of Bank accounting information, introduce generally accepted accounting principles and the accounting equation, then discuss how fundamental financial transactions are recorded, summarized and presented on its financial statements.
This program will provide specific examples and hands-on exercises for attendees. We will wrap up with a discussion of how to read and understand the information presented on a Bank’s financial statements.
- Accounting Information System
- Defining Accounting and Role of Accounting in Decision Making
- Decision Makers: The Users of Accounting Information
- Accounting Equation
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Introduction of Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Measurement Issues
- Double-Entry System
- Recording and Posting Transactions
- The Trial Balance
- Measuring Financial Income
- Accrual Accounting
- Adjustment and Close Process
- The Basics of Financial Statements
- Reading and Understanding the Financial Statements
- Basic Techniques to Analyzing the Financial Statements
Individuals seeking to learn the basics of bank financial accounting and reporting, including deposit operations personnel, loan officers, credit analysts, administrative assistants and all other personnel involved in using, reviewing and/or interpreting financial information. It is also excellent preparation for bankers planning to attend a formal banking school.
Eileen Iles, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CFSA, CCSA, CRMA, is a Partner in Crowe Horwath LLC’s Risk Management Financial Institution Group. Eileen has over 25 years of experience serving financial institutions. She has spent the most recent 17 years with Crowe Horwath consulting with clients ranging from community banks to multi-billion dollar institutions throughout the United States. Eileen also served as an Accounting adjunct faculty member at the University of New Mexico for five years. Currently, she develops and instructs banking courses for Crowe and various banking associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.