Accounting Essentials for Bankers
The purpose of this NEW webinar is to present key accounting principles in easy-to-understand terms that will help bankers understand and evaluate the financial condition and credit risk of borrowers. Prior accounting training is not required.
Accounting, the language of business, does NOT have to be boring! In fact, understanding basic accounting issues will make the banker’s job more interesting, successful and satisfying.
This program also serves as a strong refresher course for those with prior accounting education. The presentation will be highly conversational with plenty of time for questions and answers. Case examples will be used to enhance each participant’s ability to apply the information presented.
- Accounting concepts, conventions and standards;
- Content and purpose of the balance sheet, income and cash flow statement;
- Basic accounting topics and procedures including debits and credits, accounts, assets, liabilities and equity, revenues, expenses and net income;
- Explanation of the full “accounting cycle;”
- Forms of business organization (corporation, LLC) and impact on accounting and analysis;
- Review of all balance sheet and income statement accounts plus interrelationship and significance in credit decision making and understanding key operating characteristics of any business
Any banker requiring a fundamental knowledge of accounting, including deposit operations personnel, loan officers, credit analysts, administrative assistants and all other personnel involved in using, reviewing, and/or interpreting financial information.
Bob Ullom, a nationally recognized banking educator, began his career as a CPA who came to banking in 1970 to establish a credit analysis function. Bob has been president of two start-up banks and led both fast-growing institutions to profitable, sound status. Since 1989, Bob has provided relevant, “real world” training in over 35 states for bankers associations and individual banks. He is currently presenting a wide variety of seminars dealing with all areas of lending and credit management, management in a changing banking environment, bank directors and compliance.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CLBB/CPB
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.