7 Habits of Highly Successful Supervisors
A positive, real-world approach for delivering extraordinary results.
We will reveal the key components to your supervisory success! A focus on techniques and strategies that will help you handle your job responsibilities successfully and will increase your personal job satisfaction. If you need others to take direction from you in order to succeed, you will find this program of tremendous value!
Supervisors must master the art of juggling – staff, schedules, meetings, compliance concerns, goals that must be met, deadlines that won’t wait, on-going training needs, serving as a back-up for the employee that didn’t come in…the list goes on and on. We’ll discuss how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat. This program will ramp up your leadership skills and address critical supervisory issues necessary to becoming an extraordinary supervisor.
- Acknowledge Your Role – Learn the value of boundaries. Find balance between your need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Plan and Prioritize – Realize that your primary job is to make sure that everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks, and assigning the right tasks to the right people, is the key to everyone’s success.
- Be Accessible – Take the time to walk around your department so you can see and hear what is going on. It’s a great way to find and take advantage of “coachable moments”. Establish routine coaching appointments with your staff to create consistent, timely accessibility.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate how the success of one benefits the entire team and positively impacts the entire organization.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Let your team in on the reasons behind decisions, then listen and share their input and concerns. You will create a happier, more productive workplace.
- Delegate – Delegating not only helps you manage your workload, it helps team members develop important skills and become more self-supervising. Provide encouragement and follow-up, so team members know they have the support and resources they need.
- Discipline Effectively – Set clear expectations. When it comes to performance concerns, be specific with team members. Let them see how their actions impact the team and the organization.
Supervisors both experienced and new, those with supervisory responsibilities, and those that manage supervisors.
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 30 plus years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her substantial banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with a $1 billion south Texas bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left a lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
As a graduate of the School of Bank Marketing from the University of Colorado, she realizes the value of quality education. Honey invests time as a faculty member for banking schools around the country. She is a repeat presenter for most of the state banking associations and has accumulated an impressive client list that includes over 600 banks, credit unions, and other organizations. Globally, she presented a program in the south of France for an international, energy-related firm.
Honey has a coaching practice specializing in helping others pursue professional excellence and is the author of numerous published articles and training manuals. Her first book, Coaching Yourself & Others will be released soon.
Honey continues her personal pursuit of excellence and has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A&M. She is an EverythingDiSC Certified Distributor and Trainer.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.