15 Reasons Name and TIN Numbers May Not Match
This program will review the 15 Reasons your customer’s names may not match and how to avoid costly penalties and lots of back of the house work.
When your accountholder’s name does not match for IRS purposes, you are sent a CP2100 and your financial institution has to begin the B Notice process and often times backup withholding on your customer. This is time consuming and expensive How about we set up accounts right from the first? Learn how the IRS sets up name control files and how we can avoid the list, the penalties and the backup withholding process by getting these account rights.
- How the IRS sets up name control files
- How to set up personal accounts
- How to avoid errors with international names: Hispanic and Vietnamese in particular
- Why your sole proprietors may come out as a mismatch
- How the IRS matches when the name only has three letters
- What the IRS does on business accounts when there is a “The” in the title
- Nonprofits and social security numbers
- The four kinds of SSNs
- When ITINs expire or when the customer now has a SSN
- When a person marries or divorces what are the TIN issues
- The high cost of IRS mismatches
- The CP 2100 process and B notices
New Accounts, Branch Managers, Branch Administration, Bookkeeping and all those who work with W-9 and W8BEN.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CPE Credits
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.