Dana Turner to Highlight Security Mistakes to Avoid and Security Manager Procedures at CBA’s Security Management Conference
Dana Turner, security practitioner with Security Education Systems, LLC, will highlight security mistakes a smart institution never makes as well as security policies and procedures during CBA’s Security Management Conference, held June 27 -28 at the Sheraton in Carlsbad.
Turner’s general session presentation “Focus Group and Case Studies: The Dirty Dozen,” will discuss the security manager’s major functions and responsibilities and puts attendees in a decision-making participation setting to identify relevant issues, propose potential strategies, assess resources and decide upon an action plan based on several scenarios.
Following the general session, Turner’s breakout session, “The Top 25 Security Mistakes that a Smart Institution Never Makes,” will cover ways to:
- Identify and describe the primary and critical mistakes that institution personnel may make that contributes to losses from all sources
- Assess the impact of these issues upon the institution and the security function
- Design or recommend appropriate changes to the institution’s policies and procedures to address the issues
- Prepare a summary report to the board of directors categorizing identified risks and potential remedies
- Identify and describe appropriate sources of information and support
- Train or recommend training for the board of directors, senior management and other personnel regarding the projected impact of identified issues
For more information on this year’s Security Management Conference, please visit www.calbankers.com/securitymanagement13 or contact Cynthia DeOliver at (916) 438-4401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click here to register.