California Bankers Association 2010-2011 Officers and New Board Members
SACRAMENTO – The California Bankers Association (CBA) elected new officers and directors to serve on its 2010-2011 board of directors during CBA’s 119th Annual Convention of Bank Officers and Directors, last week in Laguna Niguel. The officers provide leadership to the association and the members of its staff.
- Chairman: Richard Smith, president and CEO, Tri Counties Bank, Chico, Calif.
- Chairman-Elect: Steven Buster, president and CEO, Mechanics Bank, Richmond, Calif.
- Immediate-Past Chairman: Daniel Doyle, president and CEO, Central Valley Community Bank, Fresno, Calif.
- Treasurer: Mary Allis Curran, executive vice president, Union Bank, NA, San Diego, Calif.
- Vice Chairman at Large: Rick Sanborn, president and CEO, Seacoast Commerce Bank, Chula Vista, Calif.
- Vice Chairman at Large: Felix Fernandez, regional president, Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Sacramento, Calif.
- Vice Chairman at Large: Tom Meuser, chairman and CEO, El Dorado Savings Bank, Placerville, Calif.
CBA also elected a number of new members to its board of directors:
- Brian Hepburn, California and Nevada growth markets division manager, Citibank, NA, Orange County, Calif.
- C.G. Kum, president and CEO, First California Bank, Westlake Village, Calif.
- Tad Lowrey, president and CEO, CapitalSource Bank, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Matthew Wagner, president and CEO, PacWest Bancorp, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Vanessa Washington, senior executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, Bank of the West, San Francisco, Calif.
Continuing their terms as board members will be:
- Christopher Carey, executive vice president and chief financial officer, City National Bank, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Michael Fulton, president and CEO, Comerica Bank, San Jose, Calif.
- Donald Johnson, president and CEO, American Business Bank, Los Angeles, Calif.
- George Leis, president and CEO, Pacific Capital Bank, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- James Lokey, chairman, Mission Community Bank, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Martin Lombardi, senior vice president, Savings Bank of Mendocino County, Ukiah, Calif.
- Rudy Medina, senior vice president, Fresno market president, Bank of America, NA, Fresno, Calif.
- Deborah Meekins, executive vice president, chief production officer, Sterling Savings Bank, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Christopher Myers, president and CEO, Citizens Business Bank, Ontario, Calif.
- Lynda Nahra, president and CEO, Community West Bank, Goleta, Calif.
- Dominic Ng, chairman and CEO, East West Bank, Pasadena, Calif.
- John Onsum, president and CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, Calif.
- Joseph Otting, vice chairman, commercial banking group, U.S. Bank, NA, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Anita Robinson, president and CEO, Mission Community Bank, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Paul Rodeno, president and CEO, Security Business Bank, San Diego, Calif.
- Tom Shaffer, president, 1867 Western Financial Corporation, Stockton, Calif.
- Kent Steinwert, chairman, president and CEO, F&M Bank, Lodi, Calif.
- Mark Wardlow, executive vice president, chief credit officer, Umpqua Bank, Portland, Ore.
- Paul Woolway, president, Charles Schwab Bank, San Francisco, Calif.
- Peter Wu, executive vice chairman and chief operating officer, Cathay Bank, El Monte, Calif.
About the CBA
Established more than 119 years ago, the California Bankers Association (CBA) is one of the largest state banking trade associations in the country. CBA leads the way in developing relevant educational and legislative solutions to some of California’s more pressing financial and banking issues, including adult financial empowerment, identity theft, financial privacy, and financial elder abuse. CBA’s membership includes nearly 200 of California’s commercial, industrial and community banks and savings associations. For more information, visit www.calbankers.com.