Types of Insurance
Types of Insurance describes homeowners insurance, homeowners liability, and homeowners medical payments coverages. This course covers floaters and endorsements. It describes the purpose of umbrella policies, and the features of comprehensive personal liability policies. This course explains who needs business liability policies, and describes the elements of professional liability policies. This course explores the options available in employer-provided medical insurance, and explains the government-provided medical insurance plans. It explains how to identify individuals that should consider critical illness insurance. This course describes providers of disability income insurance coverage, and explains the different policy riders. This course discusses the features of long-term care insurance and tax-qualified LTC policies. It describes factors that are included when assessing risk in property insurance needs and liability, medical, and disability insurance coverages.
Audience: Trust officers with at least three years of personal trust experience who need a deeper understanding of technical trust concepts and how solutions work when applied to client needs.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able
- Identify the features of homeowners insurance
- Explain the various types of liability insurance
- Describe the medical insurance options available to clients
- Identify the providers and optional riders offered with disability income insurance
- Explain long term care insurance and the policies recommended
- Assess the type and amount of insurance necessary to manage client risk