Serving Your Military Customer
Description: Serving Your Military Customer provides an overview of several laws, including the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act and the Talent Amendment that help military personnel fulfill their financial obligations or assert their legal rights while they are actively serving our Nation. This course covers interest rate relief protections offered to military personnel. It explains the rights of the borrower under these laws and key Acts that impact the SCRA. This course also explains the importance of bankers knowing the rights provided by the SCRA to service personnel to be able to act accordingly. This course includes relevant guidelines from the Helping Heroes Keep Their Homes Act.
Audience: Bank personnel with lending and collection responsibilities.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the background and purpose of the SCRA
- Describe the rights of a borrower under the SCRA
- Describe how the following Acts fit with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Talent Amendment
- FACT Act
- Section 688 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 (HERA)
- Helping Heroes Keep Their Home Act and the Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act