Reg Z Overview
Description: Reg Z Overview explains the basics of Regulation Z, along with the applicability and coverage of Reg Z and what types of transactions are not covered. It also explains key terms used in Reg Z and helps the student recognize types of finance charges and items excluded from finance charges.
Note: This course is the mandatory prerequisite for all other Reg Z frontline compliance courses.
Audience: All branch staff that need to know anything about Regulation Z
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Reg Z
- Examine the importance of APR and finance charges, included on the Reg Z disclosure form
- Explain key terms on different parts of the Reg Z disclosure form
- Identify loans made to consumers that are required to comply with Reg Z
- Examine the penalties for non compliance with Reg Z requirements