Reg Z Credit Cards
Description: Reg Z Credit Cards discusses how the CARD Act enhances the provisions of the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z to protect consumers against unfair credit card practices. The course includes the key provisions of the CARD Act regarding how the CARD Act protects consumers from unexpected interest charges; requires that consumers receive a reasonable amount of time to make their credit card payments, enhances required disclosures, and allows consumers to access credit on terms that are fair and more easily understood.
Note: The Reg Z Overview course must be taken at least once before any other Reg Z course is attempted.
Audience: Consumer Lenders, Call Center Representatives and CSRs at banks that offer consumer credit cards
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the key points in the credit card account rule
- Examine the restrictions of interest rate increases
- Examine the limitations set on fees and penalty interest
- Identify the reasonable due date rules for payment deadlines
- Identify requirements for periodic statement disclosures.