Description: In Managing Change, you will learn about the typical effects that change events can have on individuals and organizations. It will teach you leadership strategies for approaching change. Through honing your communication skills and applying them to a four-step change communication process, the course will prepare you to better manage the impact of change. You’ll learn to identify reactions to change and address them effectively. You’ll learn how to gain commitment from others to support change and to take action. Ultimately, Managing Change will give you the skills to become a change leader in your organization.
Audience: Any employee who is leading a group in a changing environment.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between change and transition
- Identify seven typical effects of change
- Describe the primary reactions employees have to change events
- Examine the three stages of change
- Identify possible reactions to each stage of change
- Identify the seven strategies to demonstrate change leadership
- Identify the influence and action you can take in change situations
- Describe the key elements of effective communication
- Identify the four steps to communicating change effectively
- Describe the impact of the four-step communication approach on a change event