Introduction to Investment Management
Introduction to Investment Management provides an overview of the investment management issues that affect personal trusts. It covers investment types; stock and bond selection/analysis; investment portfolio management; and economic and legal influences on investments.
Audience: Trust department and other bank staff who are new to the trust business and want to develop a basic working knowledge of trust administration. No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able
- Define the types of investments used in trusts that fall within these categories: cash and liquid, fixed income, equity, mutual fund, and other investments
- Describe the methods used to select and analyze stock and bond investments
- Explain the mechanics of portfolio management
- Identify key client information to help clients determine investment portfolio considerations
- Describe economic influences regarding trust investments, including the Federal Reserve, business cycles, and economic indicators
- Explain the legal considerations that affect actions regarding trust investments