Improving Productivity introduces you to the main elements of productivity, and provides you with guidelines on how to evaluate and improve productivity in your workplace. In this course you will learn how to consistently and systematically apply a six-step process to resolving productivity problems in your work environment. You begin the process by carefully investigating what events, processes, or procedures led to the problem. Once you have identified the source of the problem you will begin to look for opportunities to improve the end result. You’ll also learn that one such opportunity is understanding the value of your work group in this process. The steps you will learn about in Improving Productivity will keep you focused on what needs to be done to resolve problems and enhance current productivity levels.
Audience: Any employee that leads a work team on a full or part-time basis.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the manager’s role in productivity challenges for banks
- Identify the three elements of productivity
- Pinpoint the production problems in problem in everyday scenarios
- Identify obstacles that are keeping work groups from reaching optimal performance levels
- Determine the best method to identify potential productivity obstacles through the use of interviewing, fishbone diagrams and flow charts
- Use rating, ranking and matrix screening methods for evaluating productivity solutions
- Describe the steps for implementing productivity solutions