Ethical Issues for Bankers
Description: Ethical Issues for Bankers focuses on the ethical standards expected of financial services professionals. This course teaches how to be prepared to observe an institution’s code of conduct and adhere to federal laws. This course examines the general guidelines that determine banking ethics, and introduces the ethical framework to perform upright decision-making. This course also explores typical ethical dilemmas that tend to occur in financial institutions, and how to apply a thoughtful four-step approach to such dilemmas.
Audience: Bank personnel at all levels.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of ethical practices in banking
- Identify the regulations that prohibit unethical practices in banking
- Define the nature and elements of ethical dilemmas
- Examine examples of ethical dilemmas and the principles that drive them
- Use the four-step approach to resolve ethical dilemmas