Elements of Title Insurance
Re-versioned: August 2014
This course provides students with the essential components for a title review. The course covers title insurance terminology prior to identifying the key elements of title insurance. Students will utilize examples of title reports to recognize the components of a title report and to analyze the key sections of a title commitment. Additionally, the course will identify title requirements and exceptions and explain the required disclosures and closing protection letter requirements.
Audience: Mortgage loan closers, Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define title insurance terminology
- Identify key elements of title insurance
- Recognize the components of the title report
- Analyze the key sections of a title commitment
- Identify title exceptions
- Explain disclosure and closing protection letter requirements
The Residential Lending course curriculum was developed by AllRegs®, your source for fast, reliable answers.