Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers
Description: Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers focuses primarily on behavior among co-workers. This course introduces information about social behavioral styles and how the different styles affect communication among co-workers. Students will identify their own base preference group and learn what creates the challenges with his/her behavioral opposite. Students will also learn strategies and guidelines for dealing with difficult co-workers and the resulting conflict.
Audience: Bank personnel at all levels.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify elements that contribute to individual perspective
- Describe how perspective drives actions and behaviors
- Describe how behavior choices impact the work environment
- Describe the characteristics and behaviors of the four base preference groups
- Explain the differences found in the same base preference group
- Describe how to look at things from a different perspective
- Describe the benefits and challenges of working with behavioral opposites
- Use the five steps to enhance the working relationship with a difficult co-worker
- Describe the benefits of focusing on what someone else finds important