Description: In Corrective Action, managers learn how to facilitate their employees’ improvement, instead of merely disciplining them. The course covers when and how to apply corrective action, and provides strategies for motivating employees to improve. Managers learn to use a range of corrective modes in a balanced and objective manner, including applying the progressive disciplinary model, documenting corrective action through a standard documentation template, and counseling employees towards improvement in a professional manner.
Audience: Any supervisor or manager who has responsibility for evaluating and documenting employee performance.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define corrective action and its significance.
- Describe an employee’s performance or behavior gap specifically and objectively.
- Identify the steps of the progressive disciplinary model.
- Apply the progressive disciplinary process to disciplinary situations.
- Document corrective action completely by including the standard elements.
- Prepare for a corrective counseling session with an employee.
- Conduct a corrective counseling discussion with an employee.
- Take appropriate corrective action based on an employee performance or behavior issue