Community Reinvestment Act (Reg BB)
Description: Community Reinvestment Act (Reg BB) introduces this federal law that requires federal banking regulators to evaluate the record of the financial institutions they regulate. It explains how regulators evaluate the efforts of the financial institutions in meeting the credit needs of the assessment area they serve, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. This course provides background information about the development of the CRA. It provides an overview of the examination categories and the ratings given for the examinations. This course also describes the information that must be made available to the public.
Audience: Lenders and platform personnel with lending responsibilities.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the primary purpose of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Summarize key points in the development of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Describe the information that must be made available to the public
- Describe the categories for CRA examinations
- Describe the ratings used to report CRA examination results
- Identify performance standards used to determine the Community Reinvestment Act ratings for financial institutions