Coaching for Success
Description: Coaching for Success provides managers, supervisors, team leads and mentors with the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, plan, and carry out a performance coaching dialogue with an employee or mentee. Students will learn how to recognize a coaching opportunity and will develop skills and techniques for providing ongoing performance feedback. A simulated coaching dialogue enables practice in applying these skills in a typical coaching situation.
Audience: Bank personnel responsible for coaching others with or without a reporting relationship. This could include managers, supervisors, team leaders and mentors.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate coaching, by goals and methodology, from corrective feedback
- Recognize a coaching opportunity
- Describe resources and processes that your employer provides in support of coaching
- Prepare a plan for a coaching session
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to a coaching dialogue
- Perform a coaching dialogue