Description: BSA/AML: Overview explains the purpose and basic requirements of the BSA. This course explores the risk assessment components that help prevent financial crimes. It describes the different types of financial crimes including money laundering and terrorist activity that is difficult to detect and impacts society. This course also covers the three stages in the money laundering process and provides current examples of possible schemes. This course explains the four required elements of a BSA compliance program that financial institutions must implement.
Audience: Bank employees who need an understanding of core Bank Secrecy Act requirements.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the foundation of the BSA
- Explain the BSA’s expectations for the components of a bank’s risk management process
- Describe the impact of financial crime on society
- Explain the funding sources terrorists may use for financing
- Name the key compliance program elements banks must implement to combat
- financial crime